Friday 4 November 2011

Pythagorean Theorem: Student Work


Today we began creating Pythagorean Theorem posters to demonstrate our understanding of this ancient and often-used theorem.  It is, in fact, named after a Greek philosopher named Pythagorus.  Contrary to the belief of one my students, his last was not Theorem. :)   

After creating our informative posters we then took off around the school to see if we could spot real-life examples of right triangles.  Those right angles are everywhere and students were very creative coming up with ways to form a triangle from those right angles. 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah (murphi30)8 November 2011 at 18:44

    Hey Katy, I am loving this site. Going to add it to my delicious account and follow along. Might even take your ideas...I mean take and share them with my class! Khanacademy has good videos for Pythogorean theorem.

    ReplyDelete